Monday, March 30, 2009

Suicidal

Not me lah.

You'd probably won't believe me, but some lil fucker tried to commit suicide last weekend literally, right above my head.

He was a floor up mine, but the ledge he sat with his both legs dangling out was about a metre or two away from my hall window. Here I was happily taking my nap and the next thing I know, I was awaken by some loud talking - with a pair of legs dangling right infront of my eyes.

I thought it was some ah beng fooling around with his own safety juvenilely, so I had my blinds drawn to avoid seeing him.

But he went ballistic and that he was hanging there for some good 15 mins already yet no one showed up to pacify him.

of course I called the police lah! I thought someone might have made a report already but it doesn't seems to be the case.

Mainly because I don't want someone to die so near to my house lah! Can go somewhere else die or not! Why my block leh? Imagine some unrested spirit come floating outside my hall window and come tell me he died an ungraved death!!

Nevertheless, it always the case where you'll only know how is your reaction when things happen. I was rather flustered when I rang the hotline and wasn't even able to give my house number. No wonder they always teach us to remain calm when accident happens.

Anyway that's not the point lah. Main thing is, we'd really have to praise the efficiency of civil defence in Singapore. It took the SCDF less than 10 mins to be deployed and reach my house's carpark. 2 trucks somemore. Looks like they are treating the call more seriously than I thought it is.

Despite areas we always complained, but at least the securities in Singapore is assured.

Erm, one funny thing was, the tensed (i dunno what you call them) civil servant asked me which direction, left or right side of the floor...

Uh huh, bingo. I didn't know the answer. People who knows me, knows I'm a direction idiot.

"You all just go up to the 6th floor first! I'll show you which side!!! Don't ask me! I dunno which side!!!!!!!!!!"

Alright, my bad.

Second thing is, I don't understand - why didn't my neighbours do anything or at least called the police? It's impossible for them to be that oblivious because the fucker is sitting right outside their corridoor and he was ranting half the time.

Disappointing huh? I didn't think the guy would jump, really. More of seeking attention probably. (Must be break up with girlfriend lah I reckon...) But it's still unpredictable whether or not he would go to the extreme because he, in the first place, was sucidal already.

Or maybe he'd slip and fall? It really was dangerous considering the width of the metal ledge was barely enough for someone's arse to sit on. Definitely a daunting sight.

So why didn't they call the police? Think I'd better make sure my house is geared with the necessary so that I won't be needing any help from my unhelpful neighbours should (choy choy!) anything happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a girl's thing

Craves. Corsets. Critiques