Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The mum and the dad

Very random I know.

I was at the loo (very weird timing indeed) just now when it suddenly struck me that I won't get to bump into my parents today.

I miss daddy and mummy.

Despite living under the same roof, I hardly get to see my parents during weekdays mainly because, either they are asleep when I got home or they are not at home when I am, and they have not returned when I tug in.

And the fact that my part-time business has just started, it actually requires even more of my time, energy, heart and soul to nurture it.

Having said so, I was left with even lesser time to see my parents. At times I don't even get to see my mum for the entire week.

One whole week.

And dad? I'll usually spend at least one of my weekend with him. Budden, during that particular day I'm at home, I'll most likely be busy blogging (yes, I do care about my blog) else clearing the mess I've created in my room, otherwise, laundries and stuffs.

Mum wise, well, my closer friends would know that I'm not exactly close to her. But there's just this habit of me going into my parents room to see if mum (or dad) is around, sometimes watching her drama serial, sometimes asleep. A glance will do. Funny but indispensable habit of mine.

Very lucky for me, my parents could sensed the effort I'm putting in for my studies and part-time thus they do little things like, vacuuming my room, iron-ing my clothes and if possible, tidying my room for me.

That's how they showed their love and encouragement for me, I know. These little action of theirs, make me even thirstier for success. So that I could have more quality time with them. By saying that, it'd mean spending quality time with them when they are still strong and healthy, not frail and weakly and all aged.

I want them to be able to enjoy life to the fullest at their prime, not when they are too old to even walk.

Year 2007, I gotten myself a whooping $400 per month policy, insuring myself. But more of a rather, to insure my folks should anything happen to me.

Year 2009, I've made a decision to go even further. By taking up a part-time business amidst my mad-packed study life that I believe will enable to help me fulfill my dream - total freedom.

All of us have loved ones. It could be our friends, our siblings, our spouse, our children, even our pets. We often say we care and we love them.

But have we really did something having them as the start and the destination? I did.

Have you planned anything for yourself and your loved ones? I did.

Have you started preparing for the future where there might be even worst catastrophe, economy crisis, possibility where we might eventually lose our job or asked to leave? I did.

Wouldn't it be more fulfilling to leave the world with

"at least I've tried...",

rather than,
"I should have done..",
"I wish I have done...",
"I could have done..."



It's not easy but hey, at least I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a girl's thing

Craves. Corsets. Critiques