Friday, August 14, 2009

Review: Orphan *beware! contains spoiler*


The tragic loss of their unborn child has devastated Kate and John, taking a toll on both their marriage and Kate's fragile psyche as she is plagued by nightmares and haunted by demons from her past. Struggling to regain some semblance of normalcy in their lives, the couple decides to adopt a child. At the local orphanage, both John and Kate find themselves strangely drawn to a young girl named Esther. Almost as soon as they welcome Esther into their home, however, an alarming series of events begins to unfold, leading Kate to believe that there's something wrong with Esther--this seemingly angelic little girl is not what she appears to be. Concerned for the safety of her family, Kate tries to get John and others to see past Esther's sweet facade. But her warnings go unheeded until it may be too late-for everyone. [D-Man2010] - Via IMDb


Plot: As much as I thought this movie was about some kid going round killing her parents and people that sets her in predicament. I was WAY wrong. It was so much more. A very disturbing movie I must say. So much so that I had a headache after watching. Mainly because I wasn't prepared - for such a twist. It was a total enjoyment. The headache was worthwhile afterall.

Cast: Boy I must say, Isabelle Fuhrman (Esther) could really act. At the age of 12, I must say she stands very close to prodigy actress Dakota Fanning.

Overall: Go. Go spend your 10 bucks on this. Unlike most movies, Orphan is one movie that is filled with unpredictability. By saying this, I'm referring to the last 15-20 minutes of the movie. The climax. Where there will be a drastic twist which many of us cannot predict.

Rating: 8/10.

I'm going to think twice next time when I sees an innocent kid.

(extreme spoiler!!) Hint: The orphan, is not an orphan at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a girl's thing

Craves. Corsets. Critiques