Sunday, October 12, 2008

Crowne Plaza @ Changi T3

Howdy people! I bet all of you are having Monday blues like yours truly. Weather so dull somemore. Right, lousy way to begin the entry I know. Hey, I'm seriously affected by the Monday virus can?

(alamak, as if it's not bad enough, it actually started raining H.E.A.V.I.L.Y at the time I typed this)

Albeit seriously belated, but came henceforth a better gift. Heh. The saying goes "Good things are worth waiting".

Or rather, I have a doting brother who papmers his baby sister with such treats even thou' its a belated one. Plus, he said he's gotten bonus. Must be quite a hefty one. Hehehe.

And so, here he brought me.



Source here









I was awed by the water on top most of the time. Wonder if it's a pool. Cannot be, if it is then why don't I see people swimming?



















Had a tough time deciding which pictures to post and their contents. So I should prolly be doing a part 2 to this entry - the NGs.












Azur Live Drunkard Prawns

Boy you bet I was in a state of kamikaze seeing these prawns. They were alive and pretty much mabok when thrown into the pot of herbal soup. Cruel I know. But but but, it's really succulent when you dump the prawn into your sinister mouth ok! As you can see, only 2 prawns per serving. Imagine the no. of times we queued to satisfy our my crave.




Seafood / Sashimi

Mis Phelps mentioned seeing these feels like we are in Hokkaido. Cracks me from top to bottom. Indeed it feels like I'm in one of those foodatainment shows where they eat fresh snow crab's leg in a mouthful. Yeap, envy me for all you want. I had my share of eating the humongous snow crab's limb. With their very good wasabi that is. Wahahaha. Ok, not THAT humongous then again. But definitely bigger than those Sri Lanka (or iszit Langka?? Aiya, you know can liao) ones.



I supposed Mr Crab had a crappy day.




Kor: "Can I have 4 servings of sashimi please?"

Me: *counts* (3 only mah... where got 4. I don't take raw food...)

Ms Phelps: "Choose the moving ones for the oyster, shows that they are fresh."

Ms Phelps: *drips something on oyster*

Oyster: *moves sluggishly*

Me: *Glups* (Gives Ms Phelps a horrified look)

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
(Back to table)
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Me: *takes oyster* "Ok, how the hell am I suppose to eat this? I know must squeeze lemon."

Rest: "YAAAAAA~"

Me: *squeeze* Then????

Kor: "Then you eat it lah!!!"

Me: "HOW????!!!!!" *hysterical*

Kor: "Use a spoon. Then put it into you mouth lah!"

Gf Cindy: "Slip it into your mouth, don't crush it hor. Put the entire thing into your mouth."

Miss Phelps: "Put it into your mouth."

Me: *Puts into mouth and pause* "ken guat goo aye goo ngao?" (Reads: Then what do I do now?)

Rest: "YOU BITE IT/MOVE YOUR MOUTH/CHEW IT LAH! CHEW CHEW CHEW!"



Conclusion? I drowned my throat with water after that. Am not going for the details. Use your imagination.









The best has yet to come. Hold your breath darlings, here we go...


































Desserts!
The best thing they had was their desserts I tell you!


(Click for larger image)

This 2 photos keep reminding me of the Olympics. Dunno why.














Piang their sorbet was a killer!

Despite exploding tummy + non sweet lover, I finished the 2 uber delicious scoops! From Häagen-Dazs somemore. Definitely a must try! (Other alternative of ice-creams which I couldn't be bothered to take pictures cuz me no like the taste)



Adore the pranakan-ish layout for the kuay-kuays.









Washroom also 5-star one. Got people to open the door for you somemore. Albeit I find the "doorboy" a lil' too... I dunno, too royal for me to take it?

How can I possibly not snap some pictures and share with you lovelies right? And I do not mean the "doorboy". Or whatever you call him.







Price: $42+++ (I think)

Style: International, Fusion

Food: Not too bad considering I managed to swallow down my most-disliked dish of all times: lamb, oyster, sashimi. I'll usually throw-up no matter how many times I attempted to shove them down my throat.

Dessert: I dunno about you, but we got crazy silly seeing the no. of alternatives we had. Chocolate Fondue? No big deal over there at Crowne Plaza's.

UOB card owners, there some special discount or promotion. Well we've gotten 4 pax for the price of 3. Reckon if that is the promo. Go check it out yourself eh?


Be back for the NGs and the pressie, wil'ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a girl's thing

Craves. Corsets. Critiques