Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Movies


Note: Contains spoilers

I've just survived the worst ordeal of my life - in the cinema.

Remember I was saying how I love halloween with all the horror movies like Saw V, The Coffin, releasing? There were others.

Rec

REC revolves around a television reporter, ngela, and her cameraman, Pablo, who cover the night shift in one of Barcelona's local fire stations. The firehouse receives a call from an old lady trapped in her house. When they arrive, and the firemen and the police break down the door, the old lady suddenly attacks and bites one of the policemen, and it is revealed that an unknown but virulent disease is infecting people, causing them to turn into zombies. The police and the military quarantine the building and the camera crew is trapped inside, constantly recording the mayhem that ensues. By the finale they uncover the horrifying truth of the situation and realise the infection may be more than a mere virus.




That was the Spanish, original version. The Americans came out with their own version called:

QUARANTINE

Television reporter Angela Vidal (Jennifer Carpenter – star of The Exorcism of Emily Rose) and her cameraman (Steve Harris) are assigned to spend the night shift with a Los Angeles Fire Station. After a routine 911 call takes them to a small apartment building, they find police officers already on the scene in response to blood curdling screams coming from one of the apartment units. Unbeknownst to them, a woman living in the building has contracted a rare strain of rabies. After a few of the residents are viciously attacked, they try to escape with the news crew in tow, only to find that the CDC has quarantined the building. Phones, internet, televisions and cell phone access have been cut-off, and officials are not relaying information to those locked inside.

Source: Cathay

Which will be releasing in end November.



What I watched was the original one in Spanish. Saw the thriller, came to a conclusion with bro and off we go. Little did I know I almost killed myself making that faithful decision.

My dissection of the storyline: Zombies zombies~ you bite me, I turn into one. Ok, this one was airborne. Nothing too surprising anyway. Only difference was how the disease came about. Now that is the only part I think, worth watching. Scaredy cat like me wasn't too frightened by the overall thus I deem their plots highly predictable.

Highly predictable.

And why did I say I survived my worst ordeal if it's so predictable?

Because of the fucking motion sickness I've gotten during the process of watching the darn movie! Screen was moving the whole damn time (think "The Blair Witch Project", think "Cloverfield") my eyes had to fly up down left right to watch the motion and of course, subtitle.

Then I had to visit the loo somewhat 60 mins later.

Not to pee you idiot. I puked. Couldn't watch hence after cuz I'll start feeling nauseatic again. So, last 15 mins was pretty much quick glances to catch hold the cause of the disease. Somemore it's in Spanish, don't want to see also cannot. TMD.

I puked not once, but TWICE. #$%^*^#!$. Reached home all wobbly and weak. (HBO showing some crappy "Mega Snake" whilst Star Movies aired "Vacancy" at the same timing) Gastritis shortly. Worst, I couldn't find any medication for nauseaus. Stay up till morning 10am before I fell aslp.

And p.s, I'm not one with motion sickness. I didn't watch Blair Witch Project nor Cloverfield, so it didn't struck me that I'll get sick.

Conclusion: People with motion sickness are NOT ADVICE to watch the above 2 movies. Those that are undaunted, watch it at your own risk.

Con-conclusion, haha: I actually feel like watching Quarantine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a girl's thing

Craves. Corsets. Critiques