Friday, July 3, 2009

The 2-cents

Lemme proclaim: am not trying to increase the traffic or whatsoever. Thus I try not to mention his full name.

It's just that, I'm really, truly beginning to miss this legendary king of the pop already. Thus I feel kinda.. perturbed.

Perturbed because the whole world is pouring on the news of dead MJ. Leave his fans alone. I'm talking about the not-so-hardcore people like you and me, who didn't even bother about his debutes when he was alive.

Many of us only cared about his eccentricity and tabloids. Tell me, when was the last time you deliberately googled his MV or listened to his song when he was still alive? Very seldom for me. And in fact, I try not to read up on his news too much nor I seated myself infront of the tv to watch the reports and histories of MJ. I do not wish to be "concerned" about his news only after he died. So I switch from channel to another.

But really, the whole world was reporting about MJ's death. To the extend of somewhat disturbing already.

I watched a little.

His iconic songs being played. Familiar tunes. These, were all buried when news of him outraging boys evolved.

I'm talking about myself, in particular. Very realistic. The impression of me to the king of pop changed 360 degrees.

Psycho, pervert, eccentric, mad, melting, skulls, crazy -- gosh all these was what I had in mind for dunno how many years. And I'm sure alot out there thought the same too. People made fun of his features (nose, to be exact), mimic-ed his voice, laughed at his absurdities.

Shame on you.

Yes, shame on me too.

And why bother to keep recapping of his songs, like now? Well me, I didn't.

He's gone.

Indeed he was eccentric, I do not deny. But he sang beautifully. He touched the hearts of many. He led an extraordinary life and did extraordinary things. He promoted world peace. He sang in conjuncture to prejudice.


Photobucket


And for one whom did so many extraordinary things, how iszit possible for him to perform such acts? Some said he did it, some refuse to believe it. Me? I chose the in-between. For even if he truly did, there must be a reason why. Why did a person whom composed and sang so many wonderful songs - behaved such way that the public can never accept?

Why are people only interested in his news only after his death?

Why are people listening to his songs when he is, you know, dead?

It occurs to me that people are really quite forgetful and superficial. We forget about the good ones and only forgive after the person is no longer around. Very ironical.

Well maybe it's good he left too. For there, he could find the peace any human being could possibly wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a girl's thing

Craves. Corsets. Critiques