Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Climb asia - Pics as promised

Aftermath of the course - COORDINATING IS VERY IMPORTANT.

Because the life of the climber depends on the belayer. (Laymen terms: the one pulling you)

Indeed that was the most important. Else one would pretty much fall to his death from the climb.

Photobucket


My first attempt was totally buang. I couldn't even successfully land my feet on any rocks (or you call that boulder?) at all. Only learning later that we chose the more difficult wall for our virgin climb.

*slaps forehead* So much for wanting to choose the easier one to start off with.


Photobucket

Miss Phelps turn to climb. I must say I was really tensed up during her entire climb because I feared my reaction wasn't quick enough should she slip or miss her steps and fall and I become a murderer because of my carelessness.

MURDERER. *imagines everyone pointing their finger at me and calling me that*

How can I possible allow myself to do that to my buddy of 15 years?

I is cold sweat.

Nevetheless she survived lah. Alive and kicking as fine as I am. Kekeke.






Of course there were others who joined the course. More than what we expected in fact. So there was this pair of girls, one did climbing before, the other was a noob like me.

During her attempt, she was pleading to come down because she really couldn't continue anymore. Her partner refused to let her down and was pretty much shouting "You can do it."

Sound quite touching huh?

N-O. I'm telling you, it's different when you are up there.

(Miss Phelps and me sitting on bench, looking at the pair of girls)

Climber: (almost reaching the goal) Cannot, I can't reach already. Please lemme down~

Evil partner: No! Cannot! I'm not letting you down! You're almost reaching!

Climber: I can't~~! I really cannot find the way up! Lemme down~~!

Evil partner: NO! Take a rest. You can do it. Just relax and take a rest first!

Climber: (struggles abit to find her way up but still failed) Cannot lah!~ I need to come down.

Evil partner still refused to lower her despite her buddy pleaded her for 4 times....




Not even when her buddy looked frivolous like this:

Photobucket


WAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!


Ok I know it's very mean of me, but she looked like a frog lah! Please lah! You see your buddy so worn out and tired and pleading you liao then for chrissake let her down lah! I know you expert but she's not wad! Why the need to be so harsh on her? It's only people's first climb!! People already on the verge of crying liao she still don't cut her some slack, evil or not you tell me?

P.S. Evil partner only let her buddy down when the instructer told her so. Else I'm sure she's gonna torture her buddy and let her remain up there shivering and all lor. Stupid.

==============================

Me: Oei, if I up there and you this to me ah, you'd better wish I drop dead else if I come down you are going to have hell from me hor.

Ms Phelps: Please~~ I won't one lor. Crazy meh?! If running still can push you abit, this one scary leh! She (climber) already doing so well liao I dunno why she (belayer) don't want to let her down lor.

===============================

Well, different people do things differently. I prefer the soft approach definitely.


Very blur I know. Mr Pie took my set of pictures with the macro settings. So the entire set of photos for that attempt was ALL BLURRED.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I swear he hates me secretly.

And guess what? Because I wanted to have some CLEAR, QUALITY pictures of mine for blogging...






I went up again. =_____________________=

(imagine jinxed dragging her legs, get ready, face reluctant, second try)

Dunno whether to laugh or cry. LOL. Well, at least I had a reason to try again.

==================================

This, I was better. Same thing but not as high. Explains why the absence of ropes.

Photobucket

Stop bio-ing my sexy legs.

You all don't see low low lidat, this bouldering wall also quite high can?! Imagine you have to jump down youself. Quite freaky too.




(Browse pictures and saw this)

Photobucket

Me: "wtf?! when was this taken?!?!?!"


Pie: "you touch the wall for so long still haven't start climbing! Dunno what you trying to do. So long that we can pose and take picture behind your back.."

Ms Phelps: "Yalah! You touch the wall very long leh! Take finish liao you still haven't start."

Me: "Aiyah I trying to see which rock easier to step on mah!"



Photobucket

Abrupt end. Bye peeps.


*Medusah if you sees this, please msn me. I can pass you the voucher if you are really keen in taking up the level one course. Got discount I think. ^^v

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a girl's thing

Craves. Corsets. Critiques