Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How frequent do you clean your brushes / applicators / cake?

Do you EVEN wash them in the first place? If you don't, you better do now.

Reason being because the brushes gets dirty and contains bacteria. Make sense, isn't it?

For my case, I normally wash my tools every 2 months or so, even for those I didn't use. That's because despite unused, dust and bacteria accumulates still and hell I do not wish to use them on my face.

On occasions that I used on models, I'll usually wash them after every use. Last thing I need is for people to come and complain to me they get rashes after using my product or service. Which I think most of you are likely to encounter that in studios where you do your makeover or portfoilo.

God knows how many faces has that particular brush been applied for and not washed. So I think it'll be good if you lovelies can bring along your own set of tools should you require studio makeovers or whichsoever.


My eyeshadow applicators.

Photobucket

Here's how I clean them (applys to brushes and powder cakes too) :

Step 1: Squeeze a favourable amount of facial cleanser into a container and mix with water.

Why facial cleanser and not hand wash or body shampoo? Simple. Since the tools are used for the face, then just use a facial cleanser to wash it clean lah!

The contents in hand or body wash might be too harsh and who knows whether or not it will cause irritation to our face. So, choose your trusted facial cleanser for your tools.

Step 2: Soak the applicators and rub it gently till you see the colors are slowly fading.

Gently. You wouldn't wanna tear the sponge of the applicator, dunchu?

Step 3: The water should be filty by now. Pour away the water and repeat Step 1 + 2.

Step 4: Rinse it with tap water.

Step 5: Lay a clean cloth (or tissue paper if you are not eco friendly) and place the washed applicator on top to air dry.

Usually I'll use 2 pieces of tissue paper to press on top of the applicator to ensure excess water are absorbed so as to speed up the drying process.

===================================

Via ivillage:

  • Wash your brushes thoroughly at least every three months. If someone else uses your brushes, wash them before using them again.
  • Use different brushes for light and dark shades of make-up. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to apply a light shade of eye shadow or blush and getting a darker smudge as a result of the last colour you used with the same brush.
  • There are professional brush cleaners on the market, but they can be harsh. To avoid irritation, use a daily cleanser or a mild washing up liquid to wash your brushes. This way, you're less likely to have an allergic reaction.
  • Reshape your brushes after washing and let them dry thoroughly before reusing them. If your bristles frizz and begin to shed, it's time to buy a new brush.
  • ======================================

    Halfway unpack makeup box. Too lazy.

    Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a girl's thing

Craves. Corsets. Critiques