Monday, April 13, 2009

Optimal time to sleep

Awhile back, a friend told me the best set of rest is from 10pm to 3am. That is where you get quality sleep.

A personal-trusted blog (which I'm addicted to read everyday aside from XiaXue's) further vouched for what my friend said.

Lemme see... I usually tug in at earliest around 11pm (and wakes up at 7am), IF my insomnia doesn't haunt me that is.

Question is, how many of you actually sleep by 10pm everyday?

Unlikely I guess. I think 10pm is probably the time we reach home for some days. Maybe even later.

Like it or not, our biological clock is made best to sleep at 10pm. Meaning, beauty sleep ain't one if you sleep later than that.

For busy adults like us, there's nothing much we could do but to feel exasperated. Well, in that case, let's just make one day, the day for beauty sleep shall we? One day is better than none...

To uphold my self-created philosophy of vanity-heals, I'm gonna try it every Monday. Starting from today onwards.




"...most of you are probably thinking that it doesn't matter what time you sleep as long as you achieve 8 hours of rest right? Well, unfortunately no..." (Read more from Viva Woman)

"...because our body was designed to sync with the cycle of nature - including daylight and darkness...." (Read more from Viva Woman)



Conclusion is, say if we are to sleep from 2am till the next day 2pm (that's a good 12 hours!), it wouldn't beat sleeping from 10pm to 3am (5 hours)!

That's unfair!



Dear Mother nature,
Can you like delay the optimal time till 12am or something lidat? I bet most of us will be grateful!?

Rdgs,
Jinxed

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a girl's thing

Craves. Corsets. Critiques