Sunday, April 5, 2009

Review: Artistry skincare

Hello peeps! Right, I'm kinda watching the memorial of Leslie Chung while typing this and it's really easy for me to starting digressing....

Ok back to the subject. Being in the mid twenties would naturally means I'd need to take better care of my complexion. Which means, more investment in skincare products. While the skincare regime is pretty much fixed, it sets me sourcing for a trustyworthy brand to try on.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




Anyways, got to know the brand Artistry through a classmate of mine while complaining my usual.

Well of course I had my reservations. That's when my classmate brought the experts to my place and murder me lemme try the products.

Not too bad actually! I fell in love with the makeup remover (almost immediately) and commanded my classmate to sell me on the spot. But he doesn't keeps stocks, have to take from the warehouse. Tsk!

Surprising enough, some people had been very selfish and not share about the goodness of it!! Because I went round asking and people are saying either they heard it is not bad or that they themselves thinks it's rather good.
Good things must share lah.. so stingy for what.

Lucky me, I got a free Artistry experience where I had the condition of my hair and complexion checked.

Photobucket



Gadgets used for the test. I swear I wanted to steal them there and then. Damn awesome! I can totally imagine using it to microscope everywhere. Maybe my toes or cellulites or something...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


After which the consultant will advise which Artistry product you need to use.

Photobucket


Thing is, they do not hard-sell. They leave you to decide whether or not you are keen to purchase. Reckon they must have relevant confidence in their product to be not as pushy in comparison to the rest.

So, I never buy. Lol.


Nevertheless I went to their talk. Launch of new line call Essentials.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Entire function hall filled with people. Impressive.



AND!




I got their basic skin care set - Balancing system (for the oily/combination skin) :p

PhotobucketPhotobucket


Been using for a month odd already and honestly I don't see any changes in the controlling the amount of sebum produced. That's the bad news. Good news is, the product isn't too significantly irritating such that it causes rashes.

Quite soothing actually. Just that it doesn't makes me feel too much of a difference after using it.

Slightly sweet-scented for most products, but not overwhelming. So people with sensitive nose shouldn't worry much.

Price wise? Alot cheaper than brands you can think of (Clarins, Clinique, Ipsa, Kose, whichever). But definitely higher then other shelf brands.

Comfortable price range I should say. Starting from around 30 odd I think.

Was told that's because Artistry do not advertise their products therefore the reason why we consumers are not "charged for the advertising fee".

Sweet.

But the admirable part was the post purchase service. Distributors constantly ask for feedback and comes up with other ways and means to reduce unsatisfactory. For my case, the "fleet" of experts made another trip to my place and had another discussion with me.

Tsk tsk tsk. Sounds like we are talking business lidat. But half of the time I was lying on my back and being served.

Some deep pore cleansing face masque. Rather prickly when applied. Got better after 5 minutes or so.

Photobucket


Should have taken a before and after picture to should you guys the effect. Even I myself was awed by the difference.

Photobucket


Conclusion: I'd probably need to target my digestive system first. To stop the continuous outbreak on my chin area. Else no amount of elixir can help.

Shall do another review in another 1 to 2 months' time~!



Alright then, shall end this entry with a random eye makeup I did awhile back. Have got a makeover for a friend's friend tomorrow and I've gotta wake up at 8am. 8AM!!!! Madness madness.

Photobucket


Turning in already. Night peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a girl's thing

Craves. Corsets. Critiques