Monday, November 17, 2008

Victory! I left 1,336 footprints in Swissotel

UH HUH! UH HUH~ I MADE IT I MADE IT I MADE IT MADE IT MADE IT MADE IT MADE IT MADE IT MADE IT MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




You totally cannot imagine:


(1) how torturous it was halfway through the race,

(2) how wonderful it feels like after completing the torturous race,

(3) how happy I was for the whole entire day.



















Photobucket

Me: "Wah lau, I use widescreen also can't capture the entire building leh buddy. You really positive we're gonna do this?









Photobucket

People...



Photobucket

And more people...










Photobucket


Ms Phelps suggested we buy 4D for the pair of numbers. Results? Never tio of course.















And the race begin...









thus explains the lack of photo...







12th floor, I went panting like some dog.






20th floor, most of the participants were panting like dogs.






30 something-th floor, I almost wanted to flag white thinking I'm about to concuss anytime while the equally panting Ms Phelps using her barely enough breath telling me to relax and take my time.






42nd floor, I shook my head to her again, indicating I couldn't make it. Ms Phelps, at the point of time, is close to breathless where she uses her body language telling me to slow down and don't give up. Shortly she managed to catch her breath and told me a joke.


"You told me you can sing and jog at the same time right? *pant pant* Want me sing to you not?"


We laughed and of course, I dragged my seemingly do.not.belong.to.me limbs to move upwards.


I couldn't express my gratitute enough towards her encouragements.






50, 60th floor was blurrish for (most of) us cuz we literally went numbed with fatigue.






68th floor, the cheerleading from the event supported us with constant "You've done well", "You're almost there, jiayou! Great job ladies!"






72nd floor, almost there. Yet it seem the longest flight we have ever taken. "Good job! Congratuations, few more steps to go!"






Final floor.












And you thought that's the end?












TMD we had another flight to go. Ms Phelps exclaimed in exasperation. So theoretically, we climbed 74 stories before reaching the rooftop.









Yippee yipee yayeeyayee! We conquered Swissotel's 73 74 stories!


Photobucket

Photobucket


Did I mention there were water stations (counting from maybe the 20th story onwards) in like, every 3 stories? Aggravating thing was, the water ran out when I finally decided to stop for one. How suay is that? #↓$%•♀^♪◘&>*♣




Photobucket



This I took from the inside of Equinox! (Then again, the scenary looks all the same anyway)

Poor ang mohs who are having their breakfast there, keep on getting disturbed by the many excited, chio, sporty, sweaty girls posing hoo-hah-ing and cam-whoring.

Photobucket


We had move to 70th floor for the lift. The only question that bewildered ALL of us when we reached the top was,

"ARE WE GOING TO MOVE 73 STORIES DOWN?"

Cuz there wasn't anyone who guided us what to do until some commotion caused.











Photobucket

Our certificate of completion. Noticed we've got the same timing? 26' 50 secs. Cuz we ran to the ending point together lah! Thou Ms Phelps could have obviously done better if it's not me who kept stopping. Smoker versus non smoker, tsk, whole lot of difference. Then again, I don't call her Ms Phelps for nothing. Girl's got 7,458 lungs.




Kor kor and Mr Pie, along with Ms Phelp's sister and friends were all happy for us we achieving our goal.

P.S. Kor kor's going to take part the vertical marathon 2009. Very sweet of him to come find me after our marathon thou the look on his face seeing me complete was rather, in disbeilef.

P.P.S. So is Mr Pie joining the marathon. Affirmative confirmation guarantee chop from him on that faithful day.

P.P.P.S. Kor kor DUNCHU DARE GO BACK ON YOUR PROMISE.





Teeheehee, we rewarded each of ourself with a piece of sportwear, I've gotten a dry-fit tank top which apparently looks humongeous in this picture but the fact was that it's rather tight.


Us, the duo, made a pact to collect as many tees from various other events as possible. Follow by a mini shopping to reward ourselves. Actually, that's MY main idea of the entire damn thing - SHOPPING!







Ehhhh I further rewarded myself with additional 2 pairs on Ipanema GB sandals in bronze and blue which cost me $70 in total. Don't chide me lah huh.. Can't seem to find this design everywhere I frequent, so I see I fast fast nab lor.










Photobucket

Ok my brain is officially dead after this entry

Because I've just come back from 1 of my 3 papers.

And therefore am seriously brain hemorrhaged.





P.P.P.P.S Demeaning Meanie, if you sees this, I made it hor!! And I've decided to learn mj from you instead. Else I'll drop dead waiting for my dad to teach me. Heeheehee.




Ok bye.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on making to the top... haha indeed awesome!

    RenJie

    ReplyDelete
  2. u tink so? i tink we're awesome too!

    why u keep leaving me comments? shout in my tag box if you want to lah.

    ReplyDelete

It's a girl's thing

Craves. Corsets. Critiques