Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Watching "海派甜心" / "Hi My Sweetheart" *spoiler alert*

Xue Hai was a certifiable dork when he first arrived in Shanghai. After his schoolmate Bao Zhu saved him from bullying, she became his first love. Then, a misunderstanding caused them to lose contact when she moved back to Taiwan. He thought she dumped him. So he transformed himself from a dork to a hunk in order to seek revenge.

Source: wiki.d



I thought this is a must-watch consider I liked both leading actor and actress. Watched the 1st episode and here's the verdict. The storyline took off with Show's character as Xue Hai (whom eventually told to use a fake name "Lin Da Lang" by his eldest sister because of their wealth and such that she is afraid people might kidnap Xue Hai) who has "never seen the world" and very much, eager to break free from his possessive sister.

Having said so, Rainie's focus wasn't much other than a few scenes here and there to sketch her role as "Chen Bao Zhu", one who is determined as notorious and disliked by many of the classmates. Other than the innocent Da Lang (Xue Hai) that is.

If you ask me I'd say the aftermath of watching this 1st episode, it very much resembles "Miss No Good" / "不良笑花" starred by Miss Yang too because of the over-exaggerated expressions and little animations here and there.

Speaking of over-exagerrated expressions, that's Show Luo's forte. Like it's strength, it is a weakness too, I feel. Audiences are so used to his usual overstretched reaction, it brought us no surprises when acting as the dorky Lin Da Lang. (However, the naiveness in Da Lang tickles me a little)

Well if that's the case then I guess it has to depend on Rainie and the storyline already.

Which I think it will be pretty interesting! 2nd episode and they kissed. Uhh.. technically they kissed in the first episode, but that was when Bao Zhu tried to resucitate the Da Lang who was trying to save Bao Zhu.

Ep 2 preview (screenshot)


*patiently waits for 2nd episode to release*


This is so random. Beast / B2st - Bad girl is actually quite good..

For jogging that is. Pumps the blood. Song is good but I cannot bear to watch the video one single second. Arrgh my eyes!

What do you expect? I'm biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a girl's thing

Craves. Corsets. Critiques